Want to add a little plant based flavor to your next party? Try our take on a spicy party favorite and whip up a batch of Flexitarian Jalapeño Poppers made with Seed To Spoon plant based cream cheese!
Ingredients (makes 12 poppers):
- 12 large jalapeño peppers de-seeded and halved lengthwise
- 8 ounces room temperature Seed To Spoon cream cheese
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- ¼ teaspoon each garlic and onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ⅓ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons crumbled potato chips for the topping
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- In a large bowl combine the cream cheese, cilantro, green onion, garlic powder, onion powder and salt until well mixed, leaving a little cilantro and green onion out for garnish
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture into the jalapeño halves and top each with shredded cheese
- Spread the stuffed jalapeños on a lined baking sheet and bake for 10 to 13 minutes
- Let cool, sprinkle potato chip crumbles and a pinch of cilantro and green onion over the top
- Serve and enjoy!