Looking for the perfect plant based dessert to serve at your next party or cookout? These mini cherry cheesecakes are easy to make and taste just as rich and creamy as if they were made with dairy cream cheese. Your guests won’t know the difference!
Ingredients (makes 12 mini cheesecakes)
For the cheesecakes:
For the topping:
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a muffin tin with foil cups.
- Combine crushed wafers and butter and press the mixture into the bottom of the foil cups.
- In a separate bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Add in the beaten egg, beat on low speed until fully mixed and spoon into foil cups over the wafer mixture.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until centers are set aside to cool completely.
- While cooling, start the cheery topping by draining the cherries, leaving aside 1/2 cup juice and discarding the remainder
- In a saucepan add the juice, cherries, sugar, and cornstarch and bring to a boil for about 1 minute, or until thickened
- Let the mixture cool and then spoon over cheesecakes.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!